- Integrative mental health care services:
- Mindfulness meditation instruction for individuals, families, and groups as well as for adolescents and adults. See this page for guided practices.
- Guidance on bringing mindfulness, compassion and other heart practices into daily life to navigate stress, grief, loss, loneliness, sadness, fear, shame, perfectionism, reactivity, and anger as well as to support well-being.
- Instruction on integrating somatic anti-racism, decolonization, and social justice practices skillfully in daily life as well as co-creation of forms of care for wounds associated with complex, intergenerational, race- and oppression-based trauma.
- Yoga (philosophy; flow, gentle, yin, restorative, chair), Qigong (moving meditation elemental flow), Mindful movement instruction, and Embodied Play (improvisational modalities) taught in an inclusive way for all bodies and abilities.
All sessions are Virtual Video sessions presently due to COVID-19
WORKING WITH LISSA:
SCHEDULING VIRTUAL TELEHEALTH SESSIONS
Lissa is available to offer coaching, psychotherapy, and mental health medication monitoring services via telehealth. Please schedule a free 20-minute video consultation if you are interested in engaging in care. Online booking can be done here by clicking on the new client tab.
Intake paperwork will need to be completed prior to the consultation visit. The intake form is comprehensive related to the interconnectedness of the body, mind/heart, and spirit; please take your time to complete it.
Embodied Heart Mind is currently in-network with New Jersey insurance plans BCBS (excluding Horizon NJ Health), Cigna, and Medicare. A superbill can be provided for out of network plans. Insurance does not cover coaching, mindfulness, or movement services but may be available for psychotherapy, psychiatric evaluation, or medication monitoring sessions.
WHAT IS COACHING?
Coaching is at the heart of the services offered at Embodied Heart Mind. To learn more about coaching, click here.
If you are interested in having Lissa join your group/organization to offer a training, workshop, consultation work, and/or contribute a written piece, please fill out this form. Clients seeking care can see the steps above under scheduling a telehealth visit for details on how to connect with Lissa.
Lissa is a board-certified psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP-BC) and advanced practice nurse (APN-C) as well as a certified yoga, qigong, interplay, and mindfulness teacher. Lissa provides mental health services to those who are age 12 and older.
Lissa provides individual and family psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, group facilitation, and integrative and holistic care. Lissa works collaboratively with each client and group to find a supportive approach, and may incorporate the following into sessions: somatic-based interventions, mindfulness movement, mindfulness meditation, compassion-focused therapy, strength-based and person-centered approaches, functional medicine (finding and attending to the root cause of dis-ease), medication management (utilizing the lowest medication dose possible; no controlled substances) and trauma therapy approaches including Indigenous focusing-oriented therapy (IFOT) and EMDR.
- Anxiety, Depression, Mood, Shame, and Grief
- Trauma including Acute, Chronic, Race- and Oppression-based, and Intergenerational
- Somatic-based Therapy
- Somatic Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression
- Mindfulness Meditation and Mindful Movement
- Holistic and Integrative Care
Developing a positive therapeutic relationship with clients is very important. It is Lissa’s goal to provide a non-judgmental, compassionate approach that allows clients to feel safe. Lissa provides inclusive, social justice-oriented, and culturally and trauma responsive therapeutic approaches.
All are welcome including those who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), gender queer, gender non-conforming, non-binary, and part of the LGBTQIA2+ communities. Those with visible and invisible disabilities are welcome. Those who are empaths, artists, and highly sensitive are welcome. Come as you are.
Deepest thanks and gratitude to you.