- Yoga (pranayama, mantra, meditation, chair, flow, gentle, restorative)
- Qigong (moving meditation elemental flow)
- Intuitive Movement (moving in a way that honors the needs and present experience of the body)
- Mindfulness Meditation (an emphasis on grounding, recognizing, allowing, befriending, and offering care, compassion, joy, and harmony to the body-heart-mind)
- Dharma Reflections (primarily drawing from Insight Meditation with influences from Zen Buddhism)
- Embodied Play (intuitive movement, creative expression, mindfulness, dialogue, music)
Guided practices are now available via the Embodied Practices Video Library
Movement & Stillness as Care & Play:
Yoga, Qigong, & Embodied Play (Seated/Standing)
In this practice, we will explore what is present in the body, heart, mind, and any care that is needed. The guidance for the practice will draw from yoga, qigong, and mindfulness meditation and offer time for self-guided embodied play and intuitive movement practices in an offering of care for our bodies and beings. Music will be played during the self-guided sections of the meeting.
The practice can be done seated, standing, in motion and in stillness, and in all the ways and forms that supports your body and needs. This is a trauma-responsive practice offering self and collective care to support processing trauma, stress, and challenging emotions and sensations.
Where: Online via zoom. Closed captioning available.
Meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30p EST.
Register for the June 15th date